By Alexandre Valentim Lourenço,
Academic and Professional Qualifications
Medicine College Degree (Lisbon Medicine Faculty), General Medicine Internship at Hospital de Santa Maria, Residence Internship in Gynaecology and Obstetrics at Hospital de Santa Maria, Lisbon and Hospital consultant in the fields of Gynaecology and Obstetrics at Hospital de Santa Maria, Lisbon. More recently is the coordinator of Urogynecology and Pelvic at Hospital de Santa Maria and Instituto de Higiene e Medicina.
More relevant Scientific and Teaching Activities
- Attendance in approximately 400 scientific meetings, having presented 130 scientific communications in national and international meetings.
- Guest Surgeon in approximately 25 international surgical courses and Meetings, with life surgery in gynaecologic surgery.
- 32 articles published in Medical Journals.
- Advisory Board 2013 at Merkc Sharp & Dome, Astellas and Jonhson & Jonhson.
- In the last two years, consultant or trainer of the following companies: Lilly, OM Pharma, Angelini, Merkc Sharp & Dome, Astellas and Gynaecare.
- Assistant Professor of Faculdade de Medicina de Lisboa.
- President of the Portuguese Medical Association’s – Lisbon District since January 2005.
- Portuguese Medical Association Continuous Medical Training Department Director from 1998 till 2004 (approximately 300 courses).
- Infarmed ́s Drug Technical Commission member from 1996 till 1999 (Infarmed is the Portuguese Official Institution responsible for drugs and pharmacies).
- “Gerações” Clinic (private sector) Obstetrics and Gynaecology Department Coordinator.
- Ordem dos Médicos -Portuguese Medical Association – South Region President, 2017-19.